Saturday, July 11, 2009

You never know what you're going to get

I wanted to hit some yard sales yesterday in search of some good, cheap props for my photography but by the time I got myself and the children dressed and ready, it was already after noon. But have no fear, the thrift stores came to the rescue! I've always enjoyed going thrift store shopping. It's like a box of chocolates .. you never know what you're going to get. It really is fun for me though, and quite challenging too. Honestly, I find them more fun than yard sales. Yard Sales are always a hit and miss, then again thrift stores can be too.

Here are the pros and cons for me, Yard Sale vs Thrift Store:
  • I almost feel guilty/awkward if I don't buy something from someones yard sale
  • Most thrift stores are open 7 days a week and until 9 pm
  • I don't have to waste gas in search of a decent yard sale
  • I don't have to get myself and the children in and out of the car every 5 minutes
  • Thrift stores are also open year round and have heat/air conditioning
  • I love that you can bargain at a yard sale (especially when they're ready to pack up for the day)

I'm sure there are more pros/cons that you all can add.

I'm pretty satisfied with what I bought. I got all of this for just under $20 ..

  • Spring floatation ring for Alex
  • Pretty ceramic tea pot and cup
  • Adorable baby bonnet
  • Very large square piece of white fabric
  • 6 different stuffed animals
  • 2 long beaded necklaces
  • Black velvet top hat for ladies (super cute)
  • Lime green crochet scarf
  • Baby girl ballet shoes
  • Small straw hand bag
  • Pair of white gloves (this was for Madalyn obviously)
  • Black beaded/crochet head piece (think Wynona Ryder in Beetlejuice)

No comments:

Post a Comment