Thursday, July 30, 2009

How will you remember me?

Isn't it amazing how our tiny little brains can hold so many memories, not to mention information too?! I had my 10 year reunion last weekend and so many random memories came to mind when I saw my old classmates.

I'd like to share some of them with you. Some of them are my first memories, some of them the last. Not all of them are good, but maybe I can change that with something better. Some of you were not able to attend, but you were there in spirit =) I may not get the married name right, but I think you should know who I'm referring to.

In no particular order:

Stephanie Springer - Taking you home during a blizzard in Cody Delauter's Acura Integra. I kept dazing into the stream of snowflakes, and of course you decided to take me on a route I had never been before to get you home. We lived obviously.

Bobbie Jo Morris - So many memories, how do I just choose one? Remember when I called your house, my name was Michelle because your Mom didn't want you to have anything to do with me?

Ian Leatherman - You saw me at Wal-mart right before you died. I was short with you, because I didn't like the way you were living your life and how you got into trouble with my brother. Maybe if I would have shown some compassion, you would have turned your life around.

Craig Wibberley - My first memory of you was when my friend, Melody Gibson, took me along to some thing Marty Snook pool was hosting one evening. There was a diving contest, and we were judges. We chose you and your sister as the winners. I believe this was when I was in 6th grade, before I went to school with you at Springfield.

Jan Leisinger - I got my period one night while staying the night with you, and your Dad offered to go to the store to get me some feminine products. Your Dad was so sweet and didn't make an awkward middle school kid feel embarrassed.

Nikki Leisinger - You brought "little" Dougie Reed along as your date to my wedding, and 7 years later, we got to see you two exchange your vows.

Jennifer Martin - Your Mom always came along on our elementary school field trips, I was so jealous.

Jennifer Toms - Bobbing for apples (or boogers) at your birthday party.

Jeremiah Leiter - Talent Show, Green Day, nuff said. It doesn't surprise me that you're still in this field today.

Cassie Hines - Singing said Green Day song.

Jessica Artz - Black eye that you had. When I asked Bill what it came from, he said he elbowed you when you gave him a bj. Bah!

Bill Cody - Having to do night school with you. You slacked off in school, mine was because I got screwed by trying to attend Ebenezer.

Justen Umstad - The flag pole in your yard, and that you really wanted to join the Army.

Kelly Velten - We had some crazy parties at Milestone.

Amy Benner - Your red curly hair. I know, how original.

Amy Spoonire - When I was wayyyyy too intoxicated at Bobbie Jo's house. You and a bunch of girls came over after a movie. You came upstairs to hear some "funny", yet nasty things I was saying about everyone. I believe you even held a cup up to my mouth. You're still sweet, even to this day =)

Anya Kashuba - I loved saying your maiden name like I was Asian.

April Dorsey - At a mother/daughter banquet when were about 9/10. You kept putting a spoon on your nose.

Beth Hose - You coming to school with your Girl Scout uniform on. I was so jealous. Yes, I was jealous that I didn't get to wear those ridiculous looking outfits.

Butch Heil - Bilology class with Candace Whiteacre (sp?). How did we even pass that class?

Chris Northcraft - Being taken in by the principal at Springfield after "recess". Someone screamed "profanity". Apparently I did, but I didn't realize it. After sitting in that conference room for over an hour, you all told me I was the one, so I fessed up.

Kris Keith - Finding a (broken) pager at the bus stop, bringing it to school and then later getting suspended. Because back then only drug dealers had pagers and such technology was not allowed in school. Now they can have cell phones in school!

Shelly Frey - Once again, a lot of memories. But my favorite was when you sang me "Grandma got ran over by a reindeer". It was the first time I had ever heard the song, and I insisted you keep singing it over and over as I rolled all over the floor laughing.

David Dingzon - Meeting you and your sister at my Uncle's house. Your Dad playing a guitar under a tree, wasted.

Derek Freil - Most recent, but still classic. "What is this sh*t, Ace of Base?"

Tommy Laws - There was a picture of you that went around where you looked like an alien in a school bus. Oh, and Ace of Base.

Laura Jackson - Sitting next to you on the bus. Most mornings we just sat there like we were being hauled to a prison, no words said, barely awake.

Jessica West - You asked me if you could try on some of my lipstick. I gave it to you and it looked bright orange. You then immediately wiped it off.

Vanessa Gomez - You came through Roy Roger's drive-thru one night with Ryan and ordered a strawberry shortcake. When you saw it was me, you asked for extra strawberries and ice cream. I gave it to you, of course, and then got written up by my manager.

Z-Bug - Pool party after the 8th grade dance

Heather Jordan - Wow, there are two Heather Jordans in our school. You also share the same birthday as me =)

Heather Gross - You remember me throwing a shoe at you (which I still cannot remember). I remember you doing the beauty pageant. I'll also remember you as the Morton Salt Girl from now on.

Mike Scian di cola - Your Mom taking us home from a South football game. We had her going crazy with our cryptic talk.

Becky Arch - The hot tub at your parents place.

Ayesha Artz - Sneaking out of your house, to do God only knows what.

Maggie Ayers - Your skating rink party. This was also the first time I met Che Coffin.

Jessica Baker - Skating rink with Terry Wishard. Oh, and the personalized LL Bean book bag. I believe it was purple.

Jeffrey Jones - You crying because you forgot to do your homework. I believe this was in 2nd grade.

Michael Dellinger - You sat next to me in 2nd grade. You looked over one day, pointed at my croch and starting laughing, saying it looked like I had a "wee wee", because my pants were bent up a little bit in that area.

Lindsay Gorsuch - The pictures of you, me and Janice. Apparently we were going to egg something but got busted before we could even attempt it.

Tyler Growden - You and Craig were always at each other like little brothers.

Robert Washinko - Dating you my freshman year.

Jeremy Kalbflesh - After a CRAZY night at Turnock's house, you were bent over on the toilet and throwing up in the bathtub. With other people throwing up in the bathtub too. Bleh!

Shannon Clipp - Drawing your name and Robbie's name artistically for you.

I know there are a lot more of you that I went to school with, and I have a lot more memories too. These were just that graduated in the WHS Class of 1999, and that are freshly rolling off the top of my head right now. I can look back and acknowledge that I wasn't always the nicest person, however I have grown up since then and can only hope that you can get to know the "better" me. I apologize if I missed anyone, if you'd like to know my memory of you, ask =)

How will/do you remember me?

*Side note - this is on my blogger site, so I will have to wait until it posts to facebook to go back and tag everyone. It's 1:30 already, so that will have to wait until later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment