Friday, July 17, 2009

Toilet brush

Today when I was cleaning the bath tub out, I looked over and saw Alex putting the toilet brush in his mouth. Barf! I immediately shouted "no", and he put it down and just looked at me like "why not"? He now understands the word "no" so much, that after he put the brush down, he started shaking his head no too.

Even though Madalyn and Alex look a lot alike, they have totally different personalities from each other. When Madalyn was a baby, she wasn't constantly taking things off the shelf or "playing" with things she shouldn't have been. Alex on the other hand, keeps me on my toes all day long. He really seems to enjoy taking items of the shelves, tables, baskets, etc. and putting them in different places. At first I thought it was Madalyn doing it, but then I saw him doing it a couple times. Madalyn is still a picky eater, but Alex will eat anything he can swallow. For dinner tonight he ate half a double cheeseburger (gasp).

He saw a magnet laying on the living room floor today, picked it up, and instantly crawled to the refrigerator to put it on. I think I may invest in some of those ABC's & 123 magnets as one of his birthday gifts. That's right, birthday gifts. Can you believe my baby boy will be one on the 21st?!

I got a phone call the other morning from one of my best friends, Jessica Whitfield. She called to ask if I had any maternity clothes, because she is pregnant! I cannot explain how happy I am for her. And by chance, the other day when I did Courtney's baby's photo shoot, she gave me back 3 trash bags full of maternity clothes that I had loaned to her.

Anyhow, when we were on the phone, she asked how long it would be until she started showing, the symptoms she was currently having, all that good stuff. I didn't start showing with Alex until I was about 17 or 18 weeks pregnant. The sound of that to her seemed like eternity. Trust me, it felt like I carried him for 17 or 18 years. And now, he'll be one in less than four days. I'm really not quite sure where the time has gone. When I look back at everything he has accomplished since then, it makes me proud.

Maybe I'll share that timeline with you all on his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment