Sunday, July 19, 2009

Gotta be tough

WARNING: If you are easily disgusted, do not continue reading.

I took Madalyn to Target tonight, to get her something new to play with. We celebrated Alex's birthday earlier tonight at home with cake and gifts. Alex loves his new big boy toys. Every time Sissy tried "helping" him with how each toy worked, he would cry out "mine"! I'll post pictures tomorrow with him and his loot.

As I was driving down the highway, I could tell she was doing something awkward in the back. When I turned around, she was licking something off her hand. I knew what it was, but asked her to confirm my suspicion.

Mamma: Madalyn, what are you licking off your hand?
Madalyn: (hesitant) .. what?
Mamma: What is that you're licking off your hand?
Madalyn: Throw up
Mamma: Ew! Why are you licking that off your hand?
Madalyn: Sometimes you gotta be tough!
Mamma: What?
Madalyn: I didn't have a throw up cup, and there wasn't any napkins. Sometimes you gotta be tough!

Madalyn has had very bad reflux since she was a baby. I can remember nursing her (before I got mastitis), and her becoming the exorcist baby and vomiting everything I just fed her. We usually keep a "throw up" cup in the car just for her. I think it was the birthday cake with all the icing that triggered it for her tonight.

On the way into the store, she reached out for my hand to hold it.

Mamma: Wait! Isn't that the hand you threw up in?
Madalyn: No!
Mamma: Then which one was it?
Madalyn: Actually, I forget (insert evil laugh here)

I took Alex off his reflux medications a couple months ago. I'd rather him not take them and become immune to them at such a young age. We've been praying it's something that he grows out of, and his breathing has improved.

Looks like we may end up having two throw up cups in the car though. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment